Downtown Gloversville is pleased to be the site of the April 2016 Meeting of the INNCOM (New York Innovative Communities Network)
Schine Gallery presents an Exhibit of Adirondack artist Barney Bellinger - Paintings, Sculpture, Furniture Design
Opening Reception - April 14 / 5-8
Micropolis Art Gallery Juried Art Show & Celebration of 5th Anniversary of Gallery. Opening Reception –
May 6th / 5PM-7PM
Stars, Stripes, & Chamber Music Benefit Concert for our Fall Chamber Music Series - May 29th/ 3PM.
June 12th, 2016
for Events that Promote the
Sponsorship requests (in amounts from $100-$500) must be submitted (using the Request Form) at least 2 months before the event to allow time to be considered. Please click for the Request Form, fill out and follow direction for submission.
- The event must take place within the District or from be from organizations/businesses within the District
- The event must benefit the District and encourage shopping, dining & enjoying the downtown Gloversville area
Why choose Gloversville for your family or business?
- Small city life-style - a little slower, a little friendlier, a lot less traffic and noise
- Affordable housing & commercial space
- Close to anywhere in the New York Capitol area including Tech Valley & the Global Foundries Chip manufacturing plant in Malta
- Surrounded by family farms & locally grown
produce, dairy products & meat
- Abundance of pristine, municipal water
- State-of-the-Art municipal landfill
- State-of-the-art waste water treatment facility with abundant capacity
- Close to the magnificent Adirondack Park, Saratoga, Lake George, Albany & Capitol Region & within 200 miles of NYC, Boston & Montreal
- Within 1 hour of Albany International Airport and Port of Albany
- Terrific sporting venues - crystal-clear lakes, hiking, biking, golf, boating, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling - all very close to Gloversville
- State-of-the-Art medical facilities close by - Nathan Littauer Hospital & St. Mary's Healthcare - with primary/specialty care facilities throughout the area
- Fulton Montgomery Community College - a hub for science, technology & the arts
- Good schools that are part of innovations in education happening in the area - including PTECH & Pathway programs
- We have a very active Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce and Fulton County Center for Regional Growth to help you establish or grow your business here
Why Shop Locally?
- It makes our community stronger
Shop at local stores and keep more money in our community - that's money that helps support important services like the police and fire departments, maintenance, etc - all the things important for OUR citizens.
- It supports small businesses.
Small business is the backbone of American entrepreneurship and prosperity and
the engine of competition. Our small business owners are our friends & neighbors.
- It keeps our downtown viable.
Gloversville is a special place - our downtown is part of what makes it unique. We have a variety of downtown merchants - food co-op, clothing stores, antiques, stained glass, deli, wood floors, fly-fishing, pharmacy, glove maker and MORE. Support the stores we have to encourage more to establish businesses here!
- Check our downtown merchants & businesses FIRST! Click for list of BID merchants
How close is Gloversville to these major cities?
|New York City, NY
|Newark Liberty Airport, NJ